Summer Registration: Points to Remember
Hello Camp Families!
Summer camp registration opens on January 29th! Registration for Camp Willow Springs will open at 10:00am. Registration for Camp Willow Run will begin a few hours later at 1:00pm. We know there is a lot of excitement about registration, so here is a list of some things to help you prepare:
- If you already have an account, please make sure you remember your password. You can confirm that you have your correct password and have account access by going to campwillowsprings.org or campwillowrun.org and clicking “My Account” in the top right corner of the page. You should be able to login from there. If you end up being locked out of your account, please contact our office to restore access.
- Your account is the same for CWS and CWR. If you have an existing account at one camp, you will use the same to login and register for the other.
- If you do not have an existing account, it is not necessary to set up an account prior to registration. While we did try to do that last year, it had varied success. So this year, new families will be able easily to create an account as a part of the summer camp registration process.
- There is a 2018 Registration Guide available at campwillowsprings.org/summercamp/registration/ and campwillowrun.org/summer-camp/registration.
- Please note that when the system asks you for your camper’s grade, it requests the current (2017-2018) school grade.
- The late-July and early-August sessions typically fill up the quickest. If you are looking to register a child for one of these sessions, we encourage you to have a backup option in case you have to select the waiting list for your top choice.
- For Waterskiing/Wakeboarding/Kneeboarding: This year there will be an option on the application to select if you would like to sign up for this activity. The activity will be assigned in the following weeks on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will notify those assigned by email. An additional fee applies for this activity.
- You will have the opportunity to request Dorm/Boxcar Friends on the Registration Form, but these can also be updated after registration. Access the “Dorm (CWS) & Boxcar (CWR) Friend Requests” form in your account to update your requests until about two weeks prior to your child’s camp session.
- CWS Activities: Activities at CWS will continue to operate on a rotation basis by dorm group. Only Waterskiing/Wakeboarding/Kneeboarding requires registration beforehand.
- CWR Activities: Starting in 2018, all CWR sessions will have daily recreation sign-ups. This is new for our middle school sessions and will provide them the opportunity to experience more recreation areas during their camp session. Recreation sign-ups will take place after lunch each day. For Waterskiing, Crafts, and Model Rocketry, it will be necessary to register beforehand. An additional fee applies for these three recreation areas.
This year Youth Camps For Christ, Inc. will be celebrating our 50th anniversary. We are excited to have you all be a part of it this summer. If you have any questions about the upcoming summer camp registration process, please contact one of our offices. You can reach CWS at 252.586.0728 or firstname.lastname@example.org and CWR at 252.586.4665 or email@example.com.